As external legal advisers to publicly listed companies, multinationals as well as small and medium-sized companies, our full service corporate practice has the necessary sophistication and resources to allow us to be efficient and responsive to our clients’ needs. These advantages allow us to offer our clients custom legal solutions and professional project management in a uniquely efficient and cost-sensitive manner, regardless of whether we are functioning as sole legal counsel for companies or working together with in-house legal departments to provide critical advice on complex legal issues.
The Dispute Resolution practice of member firm Selvam LLC conducts a wide array of contentious and non-contentious work.
- Admiralty & maritime
- Banking, finance, securities and brokerage disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Disputes arising out of partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures
- Employment matters
- Intellectual property, technology, media and entertainment
- Property and construction disputes
- White collar crime
We engage in both domestic and international arbitration matters and benefit from the guidance of Mr. G.P. Selvam, senior arbitrator and previously Judge of the Supreme Court of Singapore, as consultant to the Firm.
Recent matters that we have acted upon include:
- Advised a governmental entity in relation to an arbitration involving alleged breaches of a real estate development agreement. The quantum in issue is US$1 billion
- Advised a leading Mexican offshore services provider on a US$60 million dispute in connection with a US$500 million contract for the acquisition of certain offshore equipment
- Advised a vessel owner in an SIAC arbitration in respect of a US$70 million claim for unpaid charter hire and loss of profit involving issues of Venezuelan maritime law
- Advised a subsidiary of a Singapore listed company in its defense of a claim of US$4.9 million for non-delivery of coal
- Advised an Indonesian shipping company, listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, in defending an arbitration claim under the rules of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association
Through our separate entity, DMS Corporate Services Pte. Ltd., we provide essential documentation, reporting, disclosure and compliance services to help clients meet local requirements and statutory obligations. Non-compliance, mistakes and omissions can expose organisations to numerous penalties, but attempting to manage these corporate secretarial functions internally is often time-consuming and costly. By outsourcing statutory compliance responsibilities to DMS Corporate Services Pte. Ltd., businesses can focus their efforts and attention on more commercially viable activities.
DMS Corporate Services Pte. Ltd. offers assistance with:
- Pre-incorporation advice and choice of entity
- Incorporation and registration
- Post-incorporation matters and business services
- Employment agency services and other employment-related matters
- Accounting and payroll services
In Singapore, Duane Morris Singapore LLP and Selvam LLC operate a Joint Law Venture serving clients throughout Asia, Duane Morris & Selvam LLP, pursuant to Licence 2/2010 granted by the Attorney General of Singapore. Selvam LLC lawyers may provide services to clients of Duane Morris & Selvam under secondment from Selvam LLC pursuant to Licence 2/2010.